What You Will Need
- A USB flash drive with at least 16 GB capacity.
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection.
- Between 30-60 minutes of time. Connect a battery charger to the unit if unsure of the charge state of the battery.
This latest version, designed for 2018 and newer Gold Wings, offers the following improvements:
- Add up to 99 waypoints per route.
- Increased XM source hold in low-signal areas
- Improved iPhone XS, XS Max and XR compatibility
As well as the following new improvements:
- Maps updated
- Volume settings enhanced, allowing for individual volume adjustments for each of the following modes (Audio,
Navigation, Ring Tone, Phone and CB. Radio (if applicable))
- Radio’s auto seek function improved
- Added feature of being able to adjust the volume through the interface dial while the motorcycle is in motion
- “Random & Repeat” and “Random & Track” play modes have been added to the iPod, USB and Bluetooth audio
- Disclaimer screen for iPhone’s has been improved to improve recognition of the “Always Enable” function
Format The USB Drive
- Insert the USB drive into an available USB port on your computer.
- On your computer, locate the "removable disc" for the flash drive.
- Right-click and the select "Format" from the sub-menu. (Note: This step will erase all existing content from the drive.)
- Select "NTFS," from the drop down menu.
- Click "OK" when the "Warning" message appears.
- Click "OK" when the "Format Complete" message appears.
- Plug the USB drive into your Mac. (May need type C to type A adaptor)
- Go to Applications>Utilities and launch Disk Utility.
- Click on the USB drive in the sidebar in Disk Utility.
- Click Erase in the Disk Utility toolbar.
- Type in a name for the formatted disk.
- Click on the Format menu and choose Mac OS Extended.
- Click Erase.
Download The Software
- Download the software to your computer. Download the file here
- Save the file to your computer.
- Copy the file onto your USB drive.
- Once copying is complete, remove the USB drive from your computer.